Got Questions? We Probably Have the Answer Here.
- How do I request donations and sponsorships?
- Please contact your local shoppe for all donation and sponsorship requests.
- Are Carvel® products kosher?
- Carvel Franchisor SPV LLC is certified kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision. KOF-K Kosher Supervision, one of the largest and most accepted kosher agencies in the U.S., which approves all ingredients that Carvel Corporation distributes to our franchisees. Shoppes may carry additional ingredients that are not kosher certified, and/or may not use kosher practices in the shoppe. Please check with your local Carvel® shoppe or our store locator to see if a specific shoppe is kosher certified.
- Where can I purchase Carvel® gift cards?
- Carvel gift cards can be purchased online or from participating Carvel locations. To find participating locations, please visit our store locator.
- Is it possible to tour a Carvel® store or facility?
- Policies and participation may vary between locations. A tour of your local Carvel Shoppe should be arranged through the store owner or manager. Public tours of our production facilities are not available for sanitary and quality reasons.
Nutritional Frequently Asked Questions
- Carvel Allergen Statement
- Some products may contain food allergens and other ingredients that cause food sensitivities. Although efforts are made to avoid cross contact of allergens and other ingredients that may cause food sensitivities, all food and beverage items may contain or come into contact with one or more of these substances.
- Animal Products
- The only animal products are milk and eggs. The mono and diglycerides are derived from soy, not from an animal source.
- Most of our ice creams are gluten-free. However, the chocolate crunchies that are found in our ice cream cakes are not gluten-free. Any of our Carvel retail stores will be happy to substitute something else, such as fudge, for crunchies. Our individual product pages identify products that are gluten- friendly.
- Milk product
- Milk found in all our ice cream is pasteurized and is not frozen until the ice cream is made in the shoppe.
- Our stores are not nut free. Our individual product pages identify products that are nut friendly.
- Soy is found in many of our products in the form of soybean oil, soy lecithin, and mono & diglycerides.
- Alcohol in Products
- Most of the flavors added to our ice cream mixes contain alcohol. Alcohol is a common carrier for flavors, and in the finished product, there is a low level. The processing of our ice cream causes most of the alcohol to dissipate but we cannot guarantee that our products do not contain alcohol.
- Corn Syrup
- There is corn syrup in our chocolate and vanilla ice cream but it is not high fructose.
- Guar Gum
- Guar gum is derived from a bean. It has the same qualities as corn starch, but about 10 times as powerful.
- Sugars in our No Sugar Added/Low Fat Ice Cream
- The sweeteners used in Carvel® No Sugar Added/Low Fat ice cream are Lactitol, Acesulfame Potassium, and Aspartame.
- The vanilla and chocolate ice cream, low fat vanilla and chocolate, sorbet and no sugar added products do not contain eggs but we cannot guarantee that these are 100% egg free as they can come into contact with other ingredients that contain eggs. Eggs can be found in the following items Marshmallow Topping, Waffle Cones and Bowls, Brownies, Pound Cake, Egg Nog flavoring and Lil' Rounder® Cookies (Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chip, Sugar).
- Mono and Diglycerides
- Mono and diglycerides are fats (oils) made from plant sources (soybean, cottonseed, sunflower or palm oil). The mono and diglycerides found in our ice cream are refined, bleached and deodorized soybean oil (RBD Soybean Oil).
- There is sorbitol in our regular ice cream. Polysorbates 65 and 80 are derived from sorbitol. Sorbitol is obtained from direct hydrogenation of corn (maize) sugar.
- Sugar Free
- We do not have a sugar free product. We do have a No Sugar Added Vanilla that our Carvel® retail stores can make different flavors. However, it is NOT sugar free, it has natural sugars in it from the milk.
- How long is a Carvel® ice cream cake good for in my freezer?
- Carvel ice cream cakes are made fresh every day. We use the highest quality ice cream, but the quality is also dependent on the design of your home freezer. Over time, ice crystals form in ice cream which diminish the smooth texture and rich flavors. While ice crystals are not harmful, we recommend you enjoy your Carvel ice cream cake within 7 days of purchase to ensure you get that you get "Holy cow, that’s tasty" experience.
- Can I get a Carvel® ice cream cake custom made?
- The short answer is, “yes.” The long answer is “Heck yeah. Carvel cakes can be custom ordered to your specifications at your local Carvel retail store. Custom flavors cannot be ordered through a supermarket, however many supermarket bakeries allow customers to bring a Carvel ice cream cake to the bakery to have it inscribed or decorated with a popular image or theme. Click Here to Order Cakes Online: https://order.carvel.com
Our branded supermarket freezers are stocked with a variety of our most popular cakes, which are made with layers of vanilla and chocolate ice cream and a layer of our famous chocolate crunchies. For more information on available products, please visit our Carvel Cakes page.
- How much time do I need to place a special order for a Carvel® ice cream cake?
- We always aim to please. Carvel stores, however, are independently owned and operated, so policies may vary from store to store. Most Carvel stores can have your special order ready within 48 hours. Some stores may require a deposit when the order is placed.
- Does Carvel® make wedding cakes?
- First of all, congratulations. Some Carvel stores make wedding cakes. Inquiries on sizes, styles and prices should be directed to your local Carvel store. Wedding cakes are not available through supermarkets that carry our products.
- Where can I purchase your famous Fudgie the Whale®, Hug Me the Bear® or Cookie Puss® cakes?
- We love that these cakes spark a fond memory for many Carvel fans. You can purchase these famous characters at any fully branded Carvel ice cream shoppe. While these cakes may not be stocked daily, many Carvel stores have the ingredients and materials available to make these cake upon customer request. You may want to call ahead to determine if the product is available or can be made in time for your occasion. Unfortunately, they are not currently available through supermarkets that carry our products.
- Are Carvel ice cream cakes Gluten Friendly?
- Most of our ice creams are gluten-free. However, the chocolate crunchies that are found in our ice cream cakes are not gluten-free. Any of our Carvel retail stores will be happy to substitute the crunchies for fudge or sprinkles to make the cakes gluten-friendly.
- What is a customizable Photo Edible Image Cake?
- You can customize any Carvel cake with your favorite photo, sports teams or children’s artwork. Just bring in a scannable image and we can print it using edible coloring and paper made out of frosting. We then can apply it to any cake. Acceptable images ONLY-- no lewd depictions. We’re a family-friendly business.
- How do I choose which serving size I need?
- We understand it can be confusing. Our cakes serve anywhere from 4 – 40 people. The serving size for our cakes can be found on the cakes product page.
- Can you make cakes from Pinterest?
- Who doesn’t love finding a cool idea on Pinterest? If you’ve found the perfect cake on Pinterest, bring the picture into your local shoppe. We will be more than happy to help replicate the cake.